Tuesday 12 November 2013

patience

I often help people who need support or guidance with certain things because they come to me. I'm okay with that, in fact, most of the time I enjoy being able to help people. However, from time to time I do require my own space. 

I often tell people that I need some space, just to make sure that I'm okay. But sometimes people refuse to accept that I have my own problems. 

People who speak to me regularly often decide that my problems are nothing compared to theirs. Even when I explain what's wrong, they will tell me their situation is 'worse'. There is only so much of that that I can take, and eventually I just can't speak to them anymore. So, I tell them that I need some space, yet they refuse to let me have it. 

It's people like that who I struggle to deal with. They put themselves before everyone else every single day but refuse to realise it. 

If someone tells you that they need space, be patient, give it to them. Everyone needs their own space from time to time, so please, don't deny them that necessity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment