Monday 9 December 2013

sometimes people only act

There are so many people who claim that they care and that they're willing to help, but when you actually need their help they don't seem to want to bother.   

It reminds me of a quote from the movie 'Titanic'
"There were twenty lifeboats floating nearby, and only one came back."

I originally watched 'Titanic' when I was about eight or nine years old and that line always stuck with me. I never really understood why until now. 

Last night I really struggled with some destructive thoughts and desires and all I wanted is a bit of help to be distracted from them. I cried out for help for so long and no one cared until hours later. Eventually someone finally asked me if I was okay. So the quote true, however this time it was 'there were over 9000 people following me, but only one cared.'

Now please tell me how that's okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment