Sunday 26 October 2014

feeling alone

Whenever anyone makes a change in their life, big or small, it can have an impact on them or those around them. This is something that I have noticed a lot, particularly recently, as I have been making changes in my life.

Part of growing up is finding out who you are, and we have to be wrong a few times before we figure it out. This means that we have to try all sorts of different styles, ways of behaving, and having different types of friends. These changes often highlight who an 'untrue' friend is. They're someone who will only be friends with you while you do a certain thing, dress a certain way, etc. and then will want nothing to do with you when you change.

As I have made some huge changes in my life, I have noticed that more and more people I considered friends are starting to abandon me. This is because I previously had negative friends who would spend all their time telling everyone how bad their life was, but as I am wanting to get better now, I have had to make changes and this has made them stop wanting to be friends with me.

I feel as though these changes that I am making, although very positive, are causing people to not know what's going on with me. It could be considered that, as it is a recent change, they're unaware of whether its temporary or permanent. But, this is also the time that I need their support the most.

Because of this, I have felt alone a lot over the last couple of weeks, and like I have been abandoned by people I considered to be friends. It's becoming quite tough to remain positive when I'm not entirely sure who I could call a friend anymore and who is just a memory of my past.

As time goes on, and I get more comfortable settling into my new, and far more positive, way of living, I will either regain my old friends, or make new ones entirely. I just know that I will have to keep going, and fight my way through to be the person that I want to be and not change for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment