Wednesday 22 October 2014

changes to my twitter account

Some of you may have noticed that I have slowly been making a few changes to my twitter account. Many of the people who have noticed these changes will have noticed because I have unfollowed them, and I feel like I owe you all an explanation about what's going on.

For a couple of months, I had been considering deleting my twitter account for various reasons, but the main reason being that I didn't feel like it was benefitting me at all to have it. After thinking a lot, and asking a few people what I should do, I decided to keep my account, but change it.

Part of the change is including unfollowing everyone, and then re-following people who I am friends with, or who have positive accounts. I am doing this because there have been so many times that I have gone to have a quick look at my timeline and then I'll see something triggering or upsetting, and I have decided that enough is enough and that I need to put myself first in my recovery.

I have a few more changes lined up that I may possibly make, however I am not completely sure yet, and I will still need to think about it a lot before doing anything.

I have made major changes before (complete account change including username and what I tweet about, all without warning to anyone) and that has actually been a very good choice for me, but I feel that I am ready to make the next steps forward in my recovery.

I am still currently in the process of unfollowing people, but I have a list of people that I am going to re-follow. I hope that people will be understanding of the reasons behind my choices and continue to support me through my recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment