Sunday 21 June 2015

guess who's back

It has been roughly six months since I last posted anything on this blog, and there have been a couple of reasons for that. My last post was written on my least favourite day of the year and since then I just hadn't even bothered preparing a post for anytime in the future.

One of the reasons I stopped blogging was because I really did want to get better. This blog, at the time, felt like me simply venting about my struggles and not showing any positive progress, but after looking back quickly through my posts I can see that I had been tracking some positive progress.

So, another one of the reasons I stopped posting was because I wanted to actually get better. The last few months have been focussed on me improving my mental well being, focussing on college and completing my exams successfully.

Since last posting, I have hit one significant milestone in my recovery. Ten days ago, I was exactly two years clean of self harm, and on that day I completely got rid of all my tools which I had previously used to self harm. As of that day, I have considered myself completely recovered from self harm, because even if I have an urge to do it again, I have shown that I am strong enough to fight through it, so for that reason, I know I won't do it again, and so I believe that I have recovered from it.

Along with that success, I have also been feeling very happy in general. It almost feels like I have made a choice to be happy, and I haven't had an issue keeping this way.

Finally, I have been successful at college, achieving an award for being the best in my year in Sociology (my favourite subject!). My exams also went quite well too, I've just got to wait until results day to find out how I actually did.


This post is serving simply as an update, and I will return to real blogging soon, but until then, if you wish to contact me, leave a comment or message me on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment